this and this INTO THIS!
I just fell in love with the result and really wanted to share it!! I really hope you like it!!!
1. Open a new 600 x 300 image (or whatever size you want)
2. Open your two pictures. I used this and this. Resize them and them onto your canvas.
3. Select the bit that you dont want from the top image.
4. Right click the selection and click 'Feather'. Set to 5. Press OK. Press the delete key.
5. Sharpen your image. Filter > Sharpen > Sharpen. Now go in with your blur tool and blur her skin.
6. Now something OPTIONAL above, i used the dodge tool and lightened the right picture so it was of the same lightness as the left one. It worked out better in the end for me but it is optional.
7. Merge all layers (Shift + Ctrl + E)
8. Duplicate your base and set to screen.
9. Duplicate the screen layer and set to overlay.
10. Duplicate the overlay layer and set to opacity 50%.
11. Make a new layer and fill with white. Set to Saturation.
12. Make a new layer and fill with #860606. Set to Soft light
13. Make a new layer and fill with #100901. Set to Colour Dodge.
14. Make a new layer and fill with #FAE2C9. Set to Multiply.
15. Make another new layer and fill with #01032C. Set to Exclusion.
16. Open this gradient by me.
Drag onto your image and set to screen. (You can use whatever gradient you want - but feel free to use this one)
17. At this point i added text, brushes, sparkles and stuff. I set them all pretty much to overlay and duplicated them a couple of times. Have fun... play around with it!
18. THIS IS A GREAT EFFECT!! Make a new layer and press Crtl + Shift + Alt + E. This copy the merged layers and stamps them on a new layer. Set this layer to SOFT LIGHT!
And you are DONE!!!!
MY FINISHED PRODUCT:
An icon made with this effect:
I hope you liked this tut.I know i did! If you did like it, feel free to check out the many others that can be found at my journal: http://pippins-mcgee13.livejournal.com/. I now have 32 in total!!!
Have fun and please comment! Friend me please! I love meeting new people!